In this ENL program, Trane engineers will discuss the application, selection, and optimization of both chilled-water and hot-water coils. Topics include a discussion about the impact of both water and air velocities on coil performance, a review of example selections for chilled-water and hot-water coils to demonstrate the tradeoffs of cost, pressure drop, and capacity, and an overview of various methods to prevent water coils from freezing during cold weather.Presenters:Jeanne Harshaw (host), Todd Michael, Brian Hafendorfer and John Murphy.
- Identify the various configuration and construction options for chilled-water and hot-water coils
- Understand the impact of both water and air velocities on coil performance
- Evaluate water coil selection choices at various water temperatures and flow rates
- Understand the balance of coil face area, airside pressure drop, and waterside pressure drop when selecting a coil
- Properly protect water coils from freezing, when necessary
Includes presentation slides, presenter biographies, outline.
Take the quiz
Assessment is required by USGBC and AIA. Please submit the form, take the quiz and Trane will provide you with a certificate of completion documenting your online attendance.
Order a DVD of this program
Item number APP-CMC054-EN