Discusses the dehumidification of HVAC systems when it comes to performance of various, cold-coil commercial, particularly at part-load conditions.
- Why control humidity in buildings?
- Sources of moisture
- Cold coil versus desiccant dehumidification
- Full-load versus part-load conditions
- ASHRAE weather data
- Dehumidification performance of constant-volume systems (packaged direct expansion DX equipment, energy recovery, fan-speed adjustment, mixed-air bypass, return-air bypass, DX coil circuiting, dual path air handlers, supply-air tempering or reheat)
- Dehumidification performance of VAV systems (minimum airflow settings, supply-air temperature reset, supply-air tempering at VAV terminals, colder supply-air temperatures)
- Dedicated outdoor-air systems (neutral versus cold, to space versus to other units, reset control strategies)
- Unoccupied humidity control
- Building pressure control
- Airside economizer control
- ASHRAE Standards 62 and 90.1